Disclosure: The content found on this website does not constitute financial advice and should not be taken as such. We are a professional review site that receives compensation from the companies whose products we review and recommend. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. Click Here for details. Always do your own research before making any investment decision.
In this Augusta Precious Metals Review, we will be highlighting some of the key details about the company, in a bid to help you decide whether you can turn to it for the services that it offers. Are the services of this company legit? This might be very interesting to you, so let´s get straight into it!
Company: Augusta Precious Metals
Official Website: ==> https://www.augustapreciousmetals.com/
Overall Rating: (4.9 / 5)
Minimum Purchase: $50,000
Recommended: Yes (if you can meet the minimum)
P.S. If you do not have at least the minimum $50k put aside at the moment, then you might want to get started with any of the the other reliable effective companies on our top-5 list of gold & silver IRA companies, which have lower minimum initial investments for both IRAs and outside IRAs through direct cash purchases.
What is Augusta Precious Metals?
Augusta Precious Metals exists as a precious metal dealer that also offers gold IRA services. As a service-oriented firm, Augusta Precious Metals presents itself as a trusted resource for anyone looking for ways to hedge their savings and build their wealth by purchasing physical gold and silver in an IRA.
There are numerous benefits and advantages to choosing Augusta as your “go-to” provider of gold IRAs.
- Augusta can boast of having 1000s of 5-star ratings. Also, Augusta has 100s of excellent reviews with the BBB, BCA, TrustLink and other well-known consumer watchdog websites.
- Augusta is endorsed by hall of fame quarterback and multimillionaire Joe Montana. Mr. Montana asked his personal financial team to find the best gold company and they chose Augusta for him. He loved the mission so much, he also became their paid corporate ambassador.
- Augusta offers a unique, free one-on-one educational web conference designed by the company’s on-staff, Harvard-trained economist (a must-watch, whether you use Augusta or not!). Mr. Montana attended this web conference, and that’s what made him a customer. It helps consumers learn about the gold IRA process and fees, how gold/silver can help offset inflation, how to avoid falling for some companies gimmicks and high-pressure tactics, etc.
- Augusta is rated A+ with the BBB and AAA with the BCA.
- Up to 10 years of fees reimbursed to your IRA in premium silver coins.
The staff at Augusta Precious Metals takes it upon themselves to assist retirement savers from all walks to in opening a self-directed IRA that can hold precious metals, which is something that other regular IRAs do not allow.
Above all, the reason that this company exists is to help its customers to diversify their retirement savings accounts. Diversification is one of the best approaches through which one can manage risk. By working alongside the helpful customer support staff at Augusta Precious Metals, you can quickly, easily and safely open your self-directed gold IRA account. Once the account is open and funded, you can begin purchasing precious metals to help shield your wealth from negative economic forces such as inflation.
The No-Nonsense Approach (separates them from the crowd)
Many gold IRA companies rely on fear tactics and emotional manipulation in their interactions with customers. As part of its “no-nonsense,” transparent approach to doing business, Augusta does not resort to such tactics.
The 2 IMPORTANT things about Augusta:
- Augusta does not engage in high-pressure sales tactics or fearmongering when communicating with customers. In fact, Augusta goes as far as to act as a “protector” of the gold IRA industry, featuring information at its website designed to help consumers identify red flags and avoid questionable tactics of some other gold IRA companies, with materials such as their videos: “10 Big Lies of Gold IRA Companies” and “15 BAD Reasons to Buy Gold.”
- It is interesting and notable that Joe Montana endorses Augusta after asking his personal financial team to find the best company. Joe attended the same web conference attended by other Augusta customers and became a customer himself, and he decided he loved the company’s mission so much, that he became the company’s corporate ambassador.
FREE Information (recommended 1st step):
I would highly recommend that you claim the free gold and silver investing kit that is offered to you by Augusta and go through it in your own pace to learn & understand more about what they can do for you. Simply click the image below to claim your guide:
How the process to get started works
Augusta Precious Metals has made the gold IRA (or silver IRA) account-opening process quite easy. You can, in fact, open yours by following three simple steps. You do not have to be a professional investor to get started, since the knowledgeable reps at this company are always on standby to assist you at any point that you get stuck.
The representatives are also trained to assist clients when they’re ready to learn about the most popular IRA -eligible gold and silver they can choose for their IRAs.
Here are the three simple steps to opening a gold IRA:
Open a self-directed IRA (SDIRA) with Augusta Precious Metals’ preferred custodian
Augusta makes the opening of a self-directed IRA easy by serving as a liaison between you and the company’s preferred custodian, Equity Trust
Fund your Augusta account
Next, you will fund the newly-opened SDIRA through a gold IRA rollover from your 401(k), or with a transfer from an existing IRA.
Purchase IRS-approved gold or silver for your SDIRA
Once your account is funded, you will work with Augusta’s helpful order desk to learn about the options and make your gold and silver product selections
Products and service
Augusta offers a variety of gold and silver bullion and premium gold and silver coins. Note that not all the products that this company offers are eligible for use in a gold (or silver) IRA, but Augusta team members on the order desk can clarify the IRA-eligible product options for you
Some of the common products on this company’s site include:
- IRA-Eligible Coins – Gold American Eagle, American Buffalo, Canadian Maple Leaf, 2017 Royal Canadian Mint ¼ Oz gold Eagle, American Eagle Proofs, etc.
- Gold Bullion E.g. Gold American Eagle, Gold Canadian Maple Leaf, Gold American Buffalo, and Austrian Philharmonic Gold.
- Silver Bullion E.g. American Silver Eagle, Austrian Philharmonic Silver, Canadian Silver Maple Leaf, Canadian Silver Blessings.
- Premium Gold E.g. American Gold Buffalo Proof, Royal Canadian Mint Gold Eagle, Certified American Buffalo, and Canadian Gold White Falcon.
- Premium Silver e.g. Morgan Silver, Peace Dollar, Canadian Silver Gyrfalcon, 1964 JFK half dollar, and John Kennedy Half Dollar.
Does Augusta Precious Metals offer Gold IRA Storage?
Augusta Precious Metals facilitates gold and silver storage services through its preferred storage provider, Delaware Depository. Delaware Depository offers storage services at two separate facilities – one in Delaware and one in Nevada.
Delaware Depository ensures the security of customer assets through a variety of measures and features including:
- Maintenance of $1 billion in all-risk insurance coverage.
- Very strict access controls
- Class 3 security vaults
- Fortified buildings
- Cutting-edge security systems
- Strict inventory controls.
- Facility creditors do not have access to customer assetst. Customer metals are fully allocated and held off of the depository’s balance sheet
Metals purchased for an IRA must be held in a qualified depository. If you purchase metals outside of an IRA, you can have Augusta Precious Metals ship them to your preferred address in the U.S. I would, however, not recommend anyone storing gold or silver products in their homes.
Augusta Precious Metals offers free transit insurance and shipping for qualified orders.
What are the fees and costs that you can expect?
When purchasing your precious metal products, you should be aware that their prices usually fluctuate, hence the need to reach out to Augusta Precious Metals representatives to confirm all prices. The minimum initial purchase for metals at Augusta is $50,000 for both a precious metal IRA and a non-IRA (cash account). There is no maximum purchase amount however.
Some other costs you can expect to incur include:
- Account set-up costs – $50
- Annual fees – $100 custodial fees and $100 for storage. (P.S. Ask about getting up to 10 years of fees reimbursed to your IRA in premium silver coins.)
- FREE shipping – & insurance for qualified orders
Is Augusta Precious Metals Legit?
Augusta Precious Metals is, of course, a genuine & legit company. A look at the reviews on various consumer trust sites reveals how this company has managed to strike a chord with those who rely on its products to help achieve their diversification and wealth-building goals. Below are some of the consumer trust sites on which this company has impressive ratings:
Augusta Precious Metals reviews & ratings
Below are some of the most well-known and trusted third-party consumer protection agencies + trust sites on which this company has impressive ratings:
- Better Business Bureau – A+ rating (with a measured rating of (5 / 5)
- Consumer Affairs – (5 / 5)
- TrustLink – (5 / 5)
- Facebook – (4.8 / 5)
- Google – (4.9 / 5)
As you can see, this company does not take its chances when it comes to impressing its customers. It is without a doubt a company that you can turn to if what it is offering meets your expectations. As a matter of fact it is highly rated by the independent 3rd party consumer protection agencies that keep an eye on this industry.
Pros and Cons
- 1000s of 5-star ratings. Plus 100s of excellent reviews with the BBB, BCA, TrustLink and other respected consumer watchdog websites
- Endorsed by highly respected quarterback and multimillionaire Joe Montana and his financial team
- Unique, one-on-one educational web conference designed by Augusta’s on-staff, Harvard-trained economist (a must-watch!)
- Rated A+ with the BBB, and AAA with the BCA
- No high-pressure sales tactics; serves as “protectors” of the industry with red flags to help you avoid questionable tactics with some other gold IRA companies
- Up to 10 years of fees reimbursed to your IRA in premium silver coins
- FREE shipping & transit insurance for qualified orders
- GREAT, account lifetime customer support
- Minimum investment requirement is $50,000
Do you own or represent Augusta Precious Metals?
If you are a representative, or associate of Augusta Precious Metals and have found something not to be correct in this review please, feel free to tell us and I will make sure to update the info on this post. The easiest way to do it is in the comment section below or simply by sending us an e-mail to email@example.com.
Where is Augusta Precious Metals Located?
Augusta Precious Metals address is: 5830 East 2nd Street, Casper, WY, US 82609
Does Augusta Precious Metals use high-pressure sales tactics?
Not only does Augusta not use high-pressure sales tactics, but Augusta actually provides at its website videos discussing 15 bad reasons to buy gold and 10 gold IRA dealer lies. In its unique web conference, the company even shares what to watch out for from some other gold IRA dealers.
Do they offer something that none other company in the industry offers?
Yes they do, a lot, actually. You can see the most prominent features and benefits of Augusta in the comparison table further down on this page. However, one example of something offered by Augusta that’s particularly unique is the free virtual 1-on-1 web conferences designed by an on-staff Harvard-trained economist, Devlyn Steele. To our knowledge, nothing like it is offered by other companies.
Final Words and Verdict
Verdict: Legit and recommended!
Overall Rating: (4.9 / 5)
Augusta Precious Metals is one of the most professional companies that I have come across in the gold and silver investment industry. Its very impressive ratings on consumer trust sites suggest that Augusta´s staff deliver exceptional services and that this company is to be trusted.
One catch, however, can be that this company’s services are best suited for “bigger investors” those who can spend over $50,000
So it is not really suited for the “smaller investor”
If you do not have at least the minimum $50k put aside at the moment, then you might want to get started with any of the the other reliable effective companies on our top-5 list of gold & silver IRA companies, which have lower minimum initial investments for both IRAs and outside IRAs through direct cash purchases.
**If you are into crypto IRAs you can see our top-5 list here
However, if you got the capital, you might just have found your top contender right here, especially if you are a no-nonsense type of person who plain and simple just wants to invest in either a Gold/Silver IRA.
You are a smart person and you know best yourself what road is the right one for you to go, I am also sure that you will continue to do your own research as you have clearly read this far in this review, right?
I hope you found this review on Augusta Precious Metals to be helpful and that you now have a better idea of how the company operates and if it is the company for you. If so, we are happy to suggest Augusta as our number-one choice in gold IRA companies. If you have experience yourself with buying products and services from this company then please share that in the comment section below as it can help others! Also, if you have any questions about this review, I would be more than happy to answer them below as well!
I wish you success!
Michael, founder of Gold Retired