What is Btcc.com? How well is it performing in the market? Is it one that you should think about using? We shall be finding out about this shortly as we go through today’s review. Some of the main elements that we shall cover about BTCC are:
- What is bttc.com?
- Is this platform regulated?
- The nature of the trading platform offered
- The trading instruments offered on this platform
- The fees charged on this platform
- Which are the deposit and withdrawal options that BTCC avails to its users
- How does BTCC offer customer support?
- Is BTCC legit or just another Scam?
- Pros and Cons
Name of the platform: BTCC
Official website URL: https://www.btcc.com/
Overall Rating: (2.8 / 5)
Recommended: Not Recommended
What is btcc.com?
This is a widely recognized crypto exchange that is run by a company known as BTCC UK Limited. This company is based in London, UK, and was registered in 2011 in a bid to ensure that customers had access to the following services:
- Fiat to cryptocurrency exchange
- Bitcoin mining
- The Mobi Bitcoin wallet
Is this platform regulated?
There is continued debate about the nature of regulation that should happen in all crypto exchanges. So far most of the Bitcoin exchange is present in the world and is still unregulated, but there’s a high likelihood that this could change in the future. Governments are stepping in to ensure that its citizens are protected from cryptocurrency scams. BTCC is also unregulated for now, but this could change any time. Most cryptocurrency users have their fingers crossed that the intervention of the governments will not affect the decentralization aspect at all.
The nature of the trading platform offered
BTCC presents its customers with a very efficient trading platform that they can rely on in a bid to generate some income.
The platform can be accessed through the avenues listed below:
BTCC has its web interface that customers can use to buy cryptos. The main features on this interface are:
- Interactive charts that show the prices of all listed coins in real-time. You can also access the following charts if you are very much into doing the technical analysis before trading: Bar, Line, Hollow Candles, Heiken Ashi, and Area charts.
- Order Book which is placed on the right-hand side of the platform.
- Order box- you will find this one right at the center of the interface
- Order history- located at the bottom of the web UI
- Mobile trading platform
With the iOS and Android apps offered by BTCC, you can access the features offered in the web UI. There are some slight modifications that are meant to make to make the apps even more user friendly and intuitive. BTCC suggests that you use the QR codes on their website to download the original apps, which is a solid security measure aimed at preventing customers from downloading and installing apps that are harmful or are meant to collect personal data from them.
The trading instruments offered on this platform
BTCC has done a good job of presenting over 70 altcoins on its trading platform. These are sufficient for most traders since they also comprise the two main cryptos, BTC and ETH. BTCC allows you to make one use of the following instruments as you buy or sell cryptos;
- Market orders
- Limit orders
- Stop orders
The fees charged on this platform
The customers on this platform usually incur the following fees:
- Deposit and withdraw fees
- Trading fees
- mining fees
Below is a breakdown of how the fees are charged:
- You can only deposit a minimum of 0.0001BTC
- There is no maximum limit
- There are no fees charged
USD (For the online bank deposits)
- The minimum amount you can deposit is 500 USD
- The maximum limit is 100,000 USD per day
- The fees charged are 0.10%
- The minimum amount you can deposit is 50 USD
- The maximum limit is $20000 per month
- The fees charged are ($10 for all amounts ranging between $100 and $200, and 5% for all the amounts that are greater than $200)
- The minimum amount you can withdraw is 0.0015 BTC
- The maximum daily limit is 500 BTC
- The fee charged is 0.0015 BTC
- The minimum amount you can withdraw is 100 USD
- The maximum amount is 100,000 USD (the daily limit)
- The fee charged is 0.30%
- The Marker fees are 0.1% of the trading amount
- The taker fees are 0.1% of the trading amount
Which are the deposit and withdrawal options that BTCC avails to its users
Currently, BTCC users can withdraw and deposit funds to their accounts using any of the following channels:
- Wire transfers
- Crypto capital
- Debit and credit cards
How does BTCC offer customer support?
The two main channels through which customer support is offered by BTCC are:
- Email support – firstname.lastname@example.org
- The online contact form
Is BTCC legit or just another Scam?
In my opinion, I think this platform is genuine. It is one that has been trying to deliver its service in the market in a bid to capture a wider client base. BTCC has done a good job of delivering quite a high number of altcoins. Most of its competitors do not deliver as many coins as it does. The veteran traders whose main objective is to earn an income as trade with a wide variety of coins can as such, rely on BTCC. On the overall, I think the trading platform is easy to use and is attractive.
I observed that this platform has not spelled out all the security measures clearly, which is something that makes it hard for beginners to trust what they are offering. Even the experienced traders are concerned about the security of their funds since they need to withdraw their earnings at the end of the trading sessions safely.
So far, there is nothing outstanding about BTCC that has put across in most consumer trust sites. On Trust Pilot (opens in new window), however, I noted that that the ratings given by consumers are quite low. It seems that the customers are not all satisfied with the manner of service delivery, and the resolution of issues.
You can, therefore, have a look at what my number one recommended platform has to offer. I’ve used it for quite some time now and I do not have anything negative to say about it as of yet.
Pros and cons
- They allow users to make both fiat deposits and withdrawals
- Has mining pools
- You can make unlimited crypto deposits (without going through complex KYC procedures)
- iOS and Android apps available
- Few customer support channels
- Low customer ratings
Final Words and Verdict
Verdict: Legit (but not Recommended)
Overall Rating: (2.8 / 5)
BTCC is a genuine crypto exchange that some people are already using to achieve the currency exchange objectives. Even with its outstanding benefits, I still think it is one that is yet to polish up on its service delivery approaches for it to stand out. The crypto exchange space is quite competitive, and one in which customers should seek to only work with the best platform, just to ensure that they get the best rates and that their funds are secure.
There you have it: My review about what btcc.com is all about. Hopefully, you gained some value from it, and that you will make a decision about whether to use it or not with sufficient information to back up your choice. Let me know what you think about BTCC in the comments section. You can also have a look at the full review about my number one recommended alternative to BTCC.
Eric, investor, and team member on Gold Retired!