Hello and welcome to another review at Gold Retired! Today we’ll be looking at Dillon Gage. What is Dillon Gage? What are the products and services they offer? What the IRAs offered and the IRA fees? Can you sell back to this company? How does it compare to our top recommended companies?
Let’s start straight away and find out!
Company: Dillon Gage
Owner: Steve Miller ( President )
Who is it for: People looking to invest in precious metals.
Overall rating: (2.5 / 5)
Important to mention before we go into more details of this review:
We always strongly recommend doing your research online before you choose a company to invest with. There are so many reviews online of clients being ripped off and scammed. The most common way people are getting scammed is through so-called “hidden-fees” so please investigate thoroughly before you make your decision.
With that being said, let´s continue with the review on Dillon Gage!
What is Dillon Gage?
Based in Addison Texas and Founded in 1979, Dillon Gage consists of the following companies:
- Dillon Gage Metals: The main company of Dillon Gage, in other words, the flagship. This company is a precious metals trading firm that manages inventory in over 20 countries around the world.
- Dillon Gage Refining: The precious metals refinery of Dillon Gage, it provides swift settlements for even the largest lots of gold, silver, and platinum
- Dillon Gage Incorporated: There is no information about this company on the Dillon Gage website besides that it’s “A company dealing in the futures markets.”
- International Depository Services Group: This company has depositories in New Castle, Delaware, and Mississauga, Ontario.
- Metals Technology Services: A Dillon gage company that provides precious metals-based businesses with digital technologies that help them grow.
Here’s a screenshot of the physical address of Dillon Gage:
What are the products and services offered?
As you can see above, Dillon gage includes several companies and offers multiple services.
When it comes to precious metals, Dillon Gage offers the following:
Here’s a screenshot of some of the gold products Dillon Gage offers:
Dillon Gage isn’t an IRA custodian but it offers IRA eligible precious metals to its clients.
This company has a program called IRAConnect™ which is a part of their technology services.
Here’s an excerpt from the Dillon Gage website that explains it more:
Dillon Gage connects institutional clients and private investors with the most popular IRA-eligible products through IRAConnect.com.
The desktop and mobile-friendly site simplifies the process by identifying allowable products, facilitating the entire transaction and organizing the flow of money.
While going through the IRA connect website I noticed that some buttons are not working, and I honestly didn’t like that.
**Want to see what IRA solution I would recommend? Click here
Because Dillon Gage isn’t an IRA custodian, it doesn’t display fees on its website.
Having an idea about the fees of the company you’ll be choosing is always a smart option. It’s also advised that you get your precious metals and invest in an IRA at the same place. Working with a single company is better than working with two or more as that can cause some problems that make the whole process of investing in precious metals more complex than it should be.
==> See our #1 recommended IRA solution (low one-time flat fee)
Can you store with the company?
Yes, you can! There is a whole page on the Dillon Gage website dedicated to precious metals storage.
International Depository Services Group, which is one of the Dillon Gage companies we talked about earlier, handles the storage.
Here’s an excerpt from their website explaining the process more:
illon Gage’s wholly-owned storage facilities, located in Texas, Delaware and Ontario, Canada, offer a full array of custody and logistics services to the precious metals market participants. All locations are staffed with experienced professionals with years of experience with precious metals .
- 100% Allocated & Segregated Storage
- Direct Ownership
- Lloyds of London Insurance Underwriter
- Discreet and Confidential Treatment of all clients
- Online Access through Vault Direct
- Global Distribution
- UL(C) / Class 3 Vaults
Can you sell back to the company?
Yes, since Dillon Gage is a trading platform for precious metals, you can buy or sell to this company.
Click here to go to Dillon Gage’s FAQs for Buying and Selling Precious Metals ( opens in new window )
Can you get the precious metals delivered home?
Yes, Dillon Gage provides shipping to its clients. Here are some of their FAQs about shipping:
- How will my items be shipped? Dillon Gage uses registered mail with United States Post Office to ship to residential locations. Wholesale customers can ask their trader about other shipping options
- Do you charge for shipping? Yes all orders less than our stated minimums are subject to a $25 fee for shipping.
- Will I need to sign for my package? Yes. Your signature is required before a registered package will be delivered.
- How long will it take before I receive my product? While it can vary, based on geographic location and post office delays, we find that most orders shipped with registered insurance take 4-8 business days to reach their final destination.
The website also doesn’t include information about the countries Dillon Gage allows.
What about online ratings and reviews?
Going through online reviews and ratings is important when buying anything, especially when investing in precious metals!
It’s always crucial that you get an idea about any company’s customer satisfaction and value of services through its online reviews. As always, Gold Retired saves you the effort of going through the top review sites and gathers them here in one place!
Here is what the top review sites have to say about Dillon Gage:
Rating: A+ NOT Accredited by the BBB. Click here for more details ( opens in new window )
Dillon Gage Metals doesn’t have any reviews on Yelp. But, Dillon Gage Refining which is one of their companies has just one review on Yelp and it’s really bad, here it is:
Dillon Gage is NOT accredited by the BBB and doesn’t have positive reviews, that’s definitely not a good sign.
**Learn about the #1 rated company in the industry on this page
Do you Own or Represent Dillon Gage?
If you are a representative, or associate of Dillon Gage and have found something not to be correct in this review please, feel free to tell and I will make sure to update the info on this post. The easiest way to do it is in the comment section below or else you got the e-mail on the about page.
Final Words and Verdict on Dillon Gage
Verdict: Not recommended
Overall rating: (2.5 / 5)
Okay, I think this sums up everything there is to know about Dillon Gage. This company offers multiple services but unfortunately, they don’t include IRAs. The reviews of this company are next to none and that makes it fall behind compared to our top recommended companies.
What IRA company do we recommend?
You made a wise decision to read this review and you are a smart person. I am absolutely sure that you will find the right company that suits your particular needs the best. I would advise you to compare different alternatives against each other before you make a decision. Below you got my absolute #1 recommended IRA custodian:
That’s it for this review! I hope you found it useful and now you know what Dillon Gage is. Sharing is caring so don’t hesitate if you have any questions or remarks! Share them in the comments below and I’ll be more than glad to answer!
See you next time!
Owner of: Gold retired