This is a review of Horizon Trust. What is Horizon Trust? How does it work? What services do they offer? Is it for you or should you look at other options instead? This is just a few of many questions this review helps you answer!
Name of the company: Horizon Trust
Official Website URL: https://www.horizontrust.com/
Overall Rating: (4.5 / 5)
Recommended? : Yes
Important to mention before we go into more details of this review:
We always strongly recommend doing your own research online before you choose a company to invest with. There are so many reviews online of clients being ripped off and scammed. So please investigate thoroughly before you make your decision.
==> Learn about our #1 recommended IRA solution (for Gold & Silver) on this page <==
With that being said, let´s continue with the review on Horizon Trust!
What is Horizon Trust? Is it a reliable company? What does it offer its customers? These are some of the questions that I intend to cover in today’s review. This will go a long way into helping you decide whether you can contact Horizon Trust to do business with them, or you will simply avoid them and advise your colleagues to stay away from them. The key pillars of this review will be:
– What is Horizon Trust?
– How does it work?
– Which IRA services does it offer?
– How are its services and products priced?
– Is it a genuine company?
– What are its main pros and cons?
What is Horizon Trust?
Horizon Trust takes pride in being one of the most reliable IRA custodial service providers. This company targets clientele who own self-directed IRAs, or SDIRAs as they are popularly known. This company provides education to its customers, who in most cases are investors seeking to diversify their assets through tax-sheltering approaches. These clients end up acquiring a very clear understanding of the entire SDIRA landscape and are therefore able to proceed with their investments while altogether avoiding any pitfalls that are characterized by the loss of unnecessary money.
Horizon Trust also takes pride in being licensed as well as a bonded trust firm which is capable of offering customers an opportunity to put their money into a wide range of investment vehicle. This enables all investors who work with them to go beyond the traditional investment options. It also grants them the flexibility they so much desire when it comes to the selection of investments that increase the value of their current portfolio.
This company also offers timely funding for its clients’ investments. with its track record in superior customer service provision, clients can barely go wrong with Horizon Trust.
How does it work?
The staff members at Horizon Trust are mainly concerned with ensuring that every customer gets a functional self-directed IRA, as well as seeing to it that the same clients get sufficient support at the time that they need it.
With a Self Directed IRA, an investor usually holds the power to decide the type of assets that should be included in their investment portfolio. As already stipulated, Horizon Trust’s IRAs are not limited to traditional assets, and clients can actually include real estate products and precious metals in their portfolio.Those who want to begin working with this company are requested to fill out a form ( first and last name, email address, cell phone) provided on Horizon Trust’s official website. A wealth specialist will then reach out to them and set up their SDIRA. New clients also get the following gifts:
– Tax-Free Income plan
– The Self-Directed Success eBook
– Bank on This – Greg Herlean’s book ( CEO of Horizon Trust)
– Training Module on how to get started with your SDIRA in less than 30 days.
Upon opening your SDIRA, the only two remaining steps are funding that account and making your investments. Horizon Trust will be there with you and for you at every step of your journey, which is one thing that magnifies your chances of being successful.
The IRAs it offers
Horizon Trust is well-known for offering IRA services. The main ones that its clients access include:
– Self-Directed IRAs
– Traditional SDIRA – All clients can save pre-tax money for their retirement through this SDIRA.
– Roth SDIRA – This SDIRA allows clients to invest their money and be taxed afterward.
– SEP SDIRA – Employers can create a Simplified Employee Pension Scheme and have the employees self-direct the investments.
– SIMPLE SDIRA – with a Savings Incentives Match Plan for Employees SDIRA, employees can get some extra amount of money deposited into their retirement savings accounts.
– Health Savings Account (HSA) – they have lower premium costs, offer tax benefits, contributions can be invested, and all contributions that clients make can be transferred to the next year.
– Coverdell Education Savings Account (CESA) –This enables you to save for elementary, high school education and higher education.
– Real Estate – With this SDIRA, you can purchase your dream home by placing your savings in it. You can rely on a couple of assets to make your savings grow, including private stock, joint ventures, as well as partnerships.
Horizon Trust also allows new customers to set up individual 401(k) accounts, which they can then decide to rollover into any of the above-listed IRAs.
As earlier on stated, Horizon Trust allows its customers to select the investments to back up the SDIRAs from a wide range of the available options, including precious metals, real estate, trust deeds, as well as partnerships.
(If you are interested in Precious Metals IRA solutions)
Pricing and Fees
Some of the fees that you should expect to be charged as a Horizon Trust customer who owns an SDIRA include:
– Account activation fee: $350
– Plus+ ( Horizon Trust’s exclusive program)-$75
– Annual fees- they vary depending on the amount of money held in your SDIRA.
– Late fee- $25 for 30 days.
– Document handling fee-$5
– IRA Special Service Fee- $100 ( hourly rate)
– Account termination fees: $300
It is highly likely that the nature of your portfolio will attract unique fees and charges. The consultants at Horizon Trust usually explain the fee schedule during the account-opening phase. It is crucial for you to ask for the consultant who calls you after you have submitted your application form to reveal to you all details regarding your SDIRA, in terms of the fees you shall be charged at every step of the way.
Please ALWAYS make sure that you know exactly what fees are associated and what exact amount you will end up having to pay before you sign anything. There are so many reports of people being “surprised” with so-called hidden fees and it is not a very pleasant surprise…
**Are you looking to roll over your existing 401k into an IRA?
this company got a low one-time fee + is recommended by the most 3rd party consumer protection agencies in the industry
Is it legit and genuine?
Horizon Trust is a genuine company that offers reliable services. A team of well-known leaders whose experience in the IRA service provision sector is profound runs this company. They include:
– Greg Herlean – President and CEO
– Steve Byrne-Treasurer and Secretary
– Dave Campbell- Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) secretary
The information provided on the internet about this company points to it being a genuine firm, and it actually has an average rating of (4.9/5) on Google Reviews. Horizon Trust’s physical address is at 6301 Indian School Rd NE Suite 200, Albuquerque, NM 87110, United States.
Pros and Cons
It might be wise to compare the positives against the negatives to get a better overall view of something, right? As always in our reviews we provide you with some clear points on both sides of the spectrum:
– Has a variety of SDIRAs
– It has a wide variety of assets that can be used to back the SDIRAs.
– Run by experienced directed.
– Gifts upon the creation of your new account.
– High average consumer rating
– Its CEO, Greg Herlean is an official member of the Forbes Council
– Few customer complaints and negative reviews.
Do You Own or represent Horizon Trust?
If you are a representative, or associate of Horizon Trust and have found something not to be correct in this review please, feel free to tell us and I will make sure to update the info on this post. The easiest way to do it is in the comment section below or simply by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final words and verdict
Overall rating: (4.5 / 5)
Ok, I think that sums up the overall view of Horizon Trust pretty good. It is a legit service for sure, however, if it is the right one for you or not is something you have to decide yourself. It is always a wise thing to educate yourself as much as possible in the areas you are interested in. It might be a good thing for you, however, make sure to get your info from more than one source.
You made a wise decision to read this review and you are a smart person so I am absolutely sure that you will find the right company to do business with that suits your particular needs the most.
What I would recommend?
There are many great investment services out there. We have many Gold Mining investment opportunities and services, coin dealers, IRA service providers, and financial services in general listed on this website, mostly for precious metals and Bitcoin but also for other alternative investments.
You can find the best from 2 worlds that we can recommend below:
I hope you found this short review of Horizon Trust to be helpful and that you now have a better understanding of what it is and if it is something for you or not. Please, if you have used any of their services then share your experience in the comment section below as it can help others! Also, if you got any questions about this review I will be more than happy to answer them below!
I wish you success!
founder of: Goldretired.com