This is a review of Iamgold Corporation. What is Iamgold Corporation? What do they offer you (the investor)? Are there better alternatives out there for you? This are just a few of the many questions we help you answer in this review.
Name of the company: Iamgold Corporation
Official Website URL: https://www.iamgold.com/English/home/default.aspx
Founders: Mark Nathanson and William Pugliese
Products: Gold, Gold stocks
==> Get our #1 Recommended Gold Mining Investing Resources on this page
==> Learn about our #1 Recommended Physical Gold Investing Company
In this review, we shall be looking at Iamgold Corporation, a company that happens to be well-established and known in the industry it operates in. As an investor seeking to grow your wealth, you might be interested in knowing:
- What is Iamgold Corporation?
- How does it handle its operations?
- Which products does Iamgold offer?
- Is it a genuine company?
- What investment opportunities should you keep your eyes open for?
- What are the alternatives to these investments?
- What are the pros and cons of Iamgold Corporation?
- Final words and recommendations
What is Iamgold Corporation?
Iamgold Corporation is one of the most prominent gold production companies in the Canadian national borders. This Ontario-headquartered company was incorporated in 1990 by its founders, Mark Nathanson, and William Pugliese. It was previously known as International African Mining Gold Corporation, until it was accorded the shorter name, Iamgold.
The company’s main pre-occupation is in the exploration, development as well as the production of mineral resources on a global scope. This company’s performance in the market is quite exemplary, with its total annual production falling above most companies’ production. In 2017 for instance, this company produced 882000 ounces of gold.
Iamgold Corporation’s assets are valued at more than US$ 3 billion, which is something that speaks volumes about this company’s stability within the niche in which it runs its operations.
How it works
Iamgold’s success in the market can be attributed to the prudent management of its very many mines. Whereas some players in the gold production industry focus on or two mines, Iamgold thrives by optimizing its operations in its many projects spread out across several continents in the world. This company’s gold production can be attributed to its effectiveness in the following mines:
– Essakane Gold Mine in Burkina Faso – This Company holds a 90% interest in this mine. The other 10% belongs to the government of Burkina Faso.
– Rosebel Gold Mine in Suriname – This Company holds a 70% interest in this mine. The other 30% belongs to the government of Burkina Faso.
– Westwood gold mine in Quebec – Iamgold holds 100% interest in this mine (through its subsidiary known as Doyon Division)
– Sadiola Gold Mine on Mali- Iamgold holds 41% interest in this mine. AngloGold Ashanti holds the other 59%.
– Yatela Mine in Mali – Iamgold holds 41% interest in this mine.
In addition to owning the above mines, Iamgold runs a number of exploration and development projects. Some of the main projects include:
– Monster Lake project – Quebec
– Eastern Borosi project – Nicaragua. This project happens to be a joint venture with Calibre Mining.
– Diakha project – Mali- It co-owns this project with Merrex Gold.
– Pitangui Project in Brazil.
– Boto Gold Project in Senegal.
– Cote Gold project – Northeastern Ontario.
Iamgold is a major and reputable producer of gold in the gold production terrain. Gold, despite being a valuable and priced commodity is still one whose demand is relatively high. This means that Iamgold’s mining operations are almost certainly bound to give it an impressive annual revenue turnover.
Is it a genuine company?
Iamgold Corporation is a legit company that you can trust. Whether you are approaching this company as an investor or as a customer for the products its offers, you can count on it to deliver genuine products and services. The reputation of this company’s founders in the mining industry is also very solid. Mark Nathanson and William Pugliese built a company in 1990, and it has survived for more than two decades, a thing that is only possible due to its genuine operations and products. Some of the other high-profile executive managers in this company whose credentials also go a long way into certifying that Iamgold is a genuine company include:
– Stephen JJ Letwin –President and CEO
– Carol Banducci – Executive Vice President and CFO
– P Gordon Stothart- Executive Vice President and COO.
This company offers you a chance at wealth creation by presenting its stocks to you, in your capacity as an investor. Iamgold makes it possible for you to grow as it grows by offering you its stocks through the two of the very major trade exchanges in the world. These stocks are traded under the following tickers:
– IMG – in the Toronto Stock Exchange
– IAG – in the New York Stock Exchange
Before making your move to invest in these stocks, you can check out the trends of these stocks on Yahoo Finance and also on Bloomberg.
Interesting Alternatives to Iamgold’s stocks
One of the main elements that you could possibly be looking for as an investor is the stability of the assets that you invest in. Fluctuations may serve the volume traders but if you are investing to gain by holding your assets over a long period then you should work with physical gold. The best way to go about it is to rely on the services of a gold IRA company such as GoldCo which securely holds your physical gold (and/or Bitcoin) as you wait for its value to grow.
If you, however, are thrilled by the regular changes in stock prices, then you can at least ensure that you gain in the long term by investing in shares that you know will bring in a profit anyway. Such a move can only be made if you have information to back up your choice of stock. Which is why you would do perfectly well with the Resource Insider. This resource brings to you the best selections of mining and energy resource stocks that you can invest in and end up earning a huge amount of income after a long period of time.
Think about it:
You may have already seen what happens to stock prices every time there is a major economic crisis. Investing in physical gold through a gold IRA will present you with a list of many benefits, including the professional services of the custodians who guide you on how to structure your portfolio.
With a company such as GoldCo, for example, you can invest in an IRA.
I also want to recommend Resource Insider as they let you invest like a Mining Magnate without you having to be one… If you want to profit from the mining industry and get (huge value) insider info.
Both of the companies mentioned here also offer other services that you as an investor might find very beneficial so it might be a wise thing of you to have a look at both of them and take advantage of their great FREE services to start with.
Our #1 recommendations (best of both worlds) below:
==> Learn more about our #1 recommended IRA company on this page
==> If you want to invest like a Mining Magnate then Resource Insider is our #1 recommendation
Pros and cons of Iamgold
It is always recommended and wise to compare the positives against the negatives to get a better overall view before you make a move. As always in our reviews we provide you with some clear points on both sides of the spectrum:
- The company has been in operation for more than 2 decades
- Has several mines that have huge gold deposits
- Co-owns some of its projects with well-known and top-performing gold extraction companies.
- Only offer stocks that may be subject to very steep fluctuations.
Do You Own or represent Iamgold Corporation?
If you are a representative, or associate of Iamgold Corporation and have found something not to be correct in this review please, feel free to tell us and I will make sure to update the info on this post. The easiest way to do it is in the comment section below or simply by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Final words and verdict
Overall rating: (4 / 5)
Ok, I think that sums up the overall view of Iamgold Corporation pretty good. It is a legit service for sure, however, if it is the right one for you or not is something you have to decide yourself. It is always a wise thing to educate yourself as much as possible in the areas you are interested in. It might be a good thing for you, however, make sure to get your info from more than one source.
You made a wise decision to read this review and you are a smart person so I am absolutely sure that you will find the right company to do business with that suits your particular needs the most.
What I would recommend?
There are many great investment services out there. We have many Gold Mining investment opportunities and services, coin dealers, IRA service providers, and financial services in general listed on this website, mostly for precious metals and Bitcoin but also for other alternative investments.
You can find the best from 2 worlds that we can recommend below:
==> Get our #1 Recommended Mining & Metals Resources <==
==> Learn about our #1 Recommended Gold (physical) Service <==
I hope you found this short review of Iamgold Corporation to be helpful and that you now have a better understanding of what it is and if it is something for you or not. Please, if you have used any of their services then share your experience in the comment section below as it can help others! Also, if you got any questions about this review I will be more than happy to answer them below!
I wish you success!
founder of: Goldretired.com
Leave a Reply