What is International Bullion Exchange, LLC? One that you can trust or one to completely stay away from? This review will take you through this company’s offerings, along with other related elements about it with the hope of helping you decide if you’ll rely on it. Let’s get right into it:
Name of the company: International Bullion Exchange, LLC
Official Website URL: https://ibullionexchange.com/
Overall Rating: (3.9 / 5)
Important to mention before we go into more details of this review:
We always strongly recommend doing your research online before you choose a company to invest with. There are so many reviews online of clients being ripped off and scammed. The most common way people are getting scammed is through so-called “hidden fees” so please investigate thoroughly before you make your decision.
With that being said, let´s continue with the review on International Bullion Exchange, LLC!
Table of Contents
- What is International Bullion Exchange, LLC?
- The Services offered
- How does International Bullion Exchange Work? (How to Get Started)
- Does IBX, Inc. offer IRA services?
- Can you open a Precious Metal IRA with International Bullion Exchange?
- Payment methods accepted when paying for precious metals
- Does IBX have minimums for storage?
- Does IBX buy precious metals from individual sellers?
- Is International Bullion Exchange Genuine or Is It a Scam?
- Pros and Cons
What is International Bullion Exchange, LLC?
International Bullion Exchange (IBX) exists as a precious metal dealer. This company serves the needs of customers who are out to diversify their holdings with precious metals and diamond-based investments. The owners of this company are of the belief that gold, silver, as well as diamonds, should be included in every person’s financial holdings.
Those who want to access this company and what it has to offer are provided with convenient purchasing methods so that they can get started with their investments as soon as possible. They can, as such, access a wide variety of bullion products, as well as investment-grade coins. IBX has an exclusive program known as the Orion Program, that features extra benefits, including precious metal storage.
IBX’s main offices in Malibu, USA.
The Services offered
IBX offers several services to its customers, as it seeks to help them achieve their investment objectives. As a customer who wants to shield yourself from inflationary forces of the market, you can turn to this company to access the following services:
- It sells precious metal products- you can get a wide variety of precious metal products including gold coins, gold bars, silver coins, silver bars, platinum coins, platinum bars, palladium coins, & palladium bars.
- Has/offers IRA services –you can protect your gold and silver by opening an IBX precious metal IRA.
- Offers investment-grade diamonds –the demand for diamonds is expected to increase in the near future, and IBX is out to make sure that its customers have access to genuine diamonds.
How does International Bullion Exchange Work? (How to Get Started)
Assuming that you want to purchase precious metals from this company, there are a number of ways through which you can achieve this. IBX offers its customers convenient ways to purchase investment-grade coins and bullion. The products offered by this company are of exceptional quality, hence making it possible for customers to achieve their investment and trading objectives.
The two ways to get started with this company are:
- Investing in precious metals by making cash purchases. You can then have your purchase delivered to you through a registered and insured U.S courier such as U.S. Mail, Federal Express, or even Brinks transportation. You can have the precious metals stored for you in a bank or depository in the US.
- You can also open or rollover the funds in your current IRA into an IBX Precious Metal IRA so that you enjoy the tax benefits that come with either a Traditional, Roth, or SEP IRA,
Does IBX, Inc. offer IRA services?
Yes. As we have already seen, International Bullion Exchange offers precious metal IRA services that function in the same capacity as your current IRA. The only difference is that as opposed to holding paper assets, you hold physical precious metals (gold, silver, palladium, and platinum bars and coins).
IBX keeps its IRA owners’ precious metals in an IRS-approved depository until they get to their retirement years. At this point, you can have the precious metals shipped to you, or you can simply have them turned into cash.
Note that the Precious Metal IRA Rollover process with this company is IRS-approved and the good news is that it’s 100% tax-free.
Important: Please make sure that you know exactly what fees are associated before you sign anything, I have seen so many reports online of people getting surprised with so-called hidden fees that they had no idea about until it was too late. Transparency is what you want to look for in this industry.
**My #1 recommended gold & silver IRA company is 100% transparent + they got a few other benefits you might want to have a look at if you are interested in a new IRA, see this page
Can you open a Precious Metal IRA with International Bullion Exchange?
Yes. The owners of the company state that customers can get their precious metal IRA accounts up and running by following the easy steps below:
- Upon reaching out to this company, an IBX Precious Metal Specialist will assist you to create a Precious Metal IRA account with an approved custodian.
- The precious metal specialist will also offer you forms that you should fill out.
- Once the forms are completed and returned, the company’s staff will take over and notify you when your account is active.
- Upon the activation of your account, an IBX Senior Trader, or the same Precious Metal Specialist will assist you to select the precious metals that you prefer, and then you can lock in their prices.
- IBX will then ship your physical metals to your custodian of choice so that they can store them in their depository.
**See my #1 recommended gold & silver IRA solution on this page
Payment methods accepted when paying for precious metals
This company does not reveal the payment methods allowed on the official website. You’ll have to therefore ask the support staff or precious metals expert if your preferred payment method is supported or not.
Does IBX have minimums for storage?
From the research that I did about this company’s requirements, there’s nothing that I came across that suggested that customers have to meet certain minimums for storage. That said, however, you should consult with them about the minimum requirements to avoid any complications that would result from getting charged seemingly excessive fees for the gold and silver.
Does IBX buy precious metals from individual sellers?
Yes! According to this company’s liquidation/buyback policy, you can resell your precious metals and diamonds back to them. IBX gives you the opportunity to buy precious metals at their current buyback or bid prices. You’re, however, free to sell your precious metals to other dealers.
Note that such companies are limited from guaranteeing that they’ll buy back the precious metals they sell to you, but you can always request them to purchase the bullion you’ve accumulated over the years.
Is International Bullion Exchange Genuine or Is It a Scam?
IBX is, in my opinion, a genuine company. It has been around since 2009 when it was founded. This company operates in an industry that’s highly scrutinized by the IRS, and one that’s highly competitive. It would have been hard for IBX to remain operational all those years if it was a scam. The authorities would have already come knocking at its doors, and it would have been forced to shut down if it was proven that it was defrauding its customers.
I took a look at this company’s rating on BBB and noticed that it has been a BBB-accredited business since 2011. It has an A+ rating, which is the highest rating that any business can get on BBB. BBB is trusted for taking into consideration a number of factors that are directly tied to a business’ credibility, which is why we can trust that IBX is genuine.
**Have a look at how these top-rated alternatives to International Bullion Exchange that offer precious metals IRA Services are matching up
Pros and Cons
- IRA services offered
- A+ rating on BBB
- Wide variety of precious metal offerings
- Support staff offers help at each stage
- Bitcoin payments not supported
- Pricing not indicated beforehand
Do You Own or represent International Bullion Exchange, LLC?
If you are a representative, or associate of IBX and have found something not to be correct in this review please, feel free to tell us and I will make sure to update the info on this post. The easiest way to do it is in the comment section below or simply by sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Rating: (3.9 / 5)
IBX is generally a company that I would think of as average, with reference to the top-rated firms in the industry in which it operates. There are companies whose scope of service offerings is highly defined, and one that you’d want to review before reaching out to IBX. That said, IBX is BBB-accredited and is genuine, so you can reach out to its support staff if you think it’s worth relying on for what it offers.
Thank you for making it to the end of this review on what International Bullion Exchange is about. With the information shared, you’re in a better position to decide if it’s one for you or one that you should give a hard ‘pass’. Let me know if you need any help choosing the right investment partner as you seek to secure your retirement years.
I wish you well,
Eric, Investor and Team Member at Gold Retired!