If you’re wondering about what to write on a retirement cake, then you’re in the right place. For starters, I want to acknowledge that some things always seem easy and straightforward until they are not. Coming up with the perfect words to write on your workmate’s, parent’s, grandparent’s, or even friend’s retirement cake is one such thing. Not to worry though because that’s exactly what we shall be covering in the rest of this article. Read on, and feel free to share what you will write on your cake after getting enough tips here.
P.S. Investing for the retirement years?
==> See out top-5 recommended gold & silver retirement solution on this page
and / or:
==> See our top-5 recommended cryptocurrency retirement solution on this page
What To Write on a Retirement Cake (Get Creative)
One mistake that a significant number of people do is failing to put in some effort. Retirement is a major milestone in someone’s life, and as much as the top of the cake is such a small space to commemorate all their achievements, writing “Happy Retirement” is not one of the things you should be tempted to do. In as much as you can, resist that urge!
Coming up with the right message requires some work, but the person you’re giving the cake to has been working for such a long time and would appreciate some creativity and effort. Even a few touches to the message can make a huge difference, so try something that you think will put a smile on their faces.
Popular Retirement Cake Saying Ideas
If you’ve attended many retirement parties, then I’m sure you’ve seen the following popular retirement cake sayings on one or several cakes:
- Time to Relax
- Best Wishes on Your Retirement
- Let The Fun Begin
- Goodbye Tension, Hello Pension
- The Legend Retires
- Retirement Makes Life Sweet
- Congratulations on Your Retirement
- Let The Fun Begin
The above sayings may feel like a cliché, but they’re definitely better than the simple “Happy Retirement”, which we said we shall avoid. That said, you can always come up with more interesting sayings to bring out that hearty laughter or smile from the retiree once they see the cake.
Short, Sweet, and Simple Sayings
Here are a few simple sayings that can fit on any type of retirement cake:
- Finally Free!
- You Will Be Greatly Missed
- The Adventure Begins
- Time to Live!
- No More Mondays!
- The Future is Yours
- So Much Fun Is Coming Your Way
- The Best is Yet To Come!
- We Miss You Already
- Start Living!
- Hello Forever Holidays
- Time to Dream Big!
- Retirement: Where Every Day Is A Saturday
- Real Fun Begins
- One Chapter Ends…Another Begins
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go!
- The Rest Of Your Life Is The Best Life
Funny Sayings To Write On Your Retirement Cake
Note that funny sayings may not be appropriate for every work setting, so you really have to consider your relationship with the retiree before using any of the quotes below:
- Unemployed and Loving It
- Congratulations! You made it out alive
- [Name] is Retiring? Not Fair!
- Congrats on Your Escape!
- Now You Have No Excuse Not To Hit The Gym
- You’re On A Fixed Income Now!
- You Take The Cake!
- Time To Get Lazy
- Happy Retirement …You Old Fart
- Unemployed and Loving It
- Showering is Now Options (But Highly Recommended)
- Of the clock- for good!
- Retirement Is A Piece of Cake!
Nurse Retirement Cake Sayings
If the person you’re presenting the cake to is a nurse, then here are some ideal sayings to write:
- Selfless for years. Enjoy Retirement
- You Will Be Sorely Missed
- Congratulations! This is Your Last Shift
- Retired, but a nurse for life!
- You put everyone else’s life first. Now time to put yourself first
- No more bedpans and bandages
- Who Will Cover For Me Now?
- Congratulations on Your much-deserved Rest!
Teacher Retirement Cake Sayings
Here are some short sayings that a retiring teacher will appreciate on their cake:
- Assignment: Relaxation!
- End of Term…Forever!
- You Changed Lives, now enjoy yours!
- Thank You for All Your Efforts!
- You Have Been an Inspiration to all the children!
- Thank You for Making a Difference
- No More Exams!
- School’s Out Forever!
- You’ve Graded Your Last Paper!
Military Retirement Cake Sayings
Members of different military branches play very significant roles in the maintenance of order in the world. This is why we should not only send them off with a well-designed cake but also with one with a relevant saying on it. Here are a few sayings you can use:
- Fair Winds and Following Seas!
- Happy Hour, Just a Tailhook Away!
- Thank You for Your (number) Years of Service
- [Date of Beginning service] – [Date of Ending Service] [Name]
- You Have Inspired Us All!
Retirement Cake Sayings for Ladies
If any of your female friends is retiring, you can celebrate their achievements by designing them a cake that reflects their previous profession or career, or of their family. After all the hard work and investing for their retirement years, it is time to show them that they did right by the universe. You can then proceed to write retirement sayings such as:
- She believed she could, so she did!
- Spreading sheets sounds more appealing than spreadsheets!
- Enjoy the Journey [name].
- You Can Retire, But You Can’t Retire From Being Great!
- We May Not Recall Everything You Said, But We Will Remember How You Made Us Feel!
- Find Joy in Your Journey!
Retirement Cakes Sayings for Men
For all the effort they’ve put into making the world a better place, your male friends deserve appreciation as well. If you decide to celebrate them by giving them a cake, you can use any of the sayings below to get them to smile:
- Good Luck With Your New Boss: Your Wife!
- Time To Do Everything, As Long As Your Wife Agrees!
- Jump In! The Water is Fine!
- Enjoy Your Retirement Years [Name]
- Retirement Ahead!
- Some Piece At Last!
- Time to Buy That Boat [name]
Two retirement recommendations
As you have already (most likely) figured out, this site is mainly about gold & silver investing and retirement. We have listed pretty much each and every IRA (Individual retirement account) custodian and gold dealer out there, at least the ones in the United States, but also international companies as well.
Something that a lot of intelligent investors have invested in the latest years (and many billionaires lately) is cryptocurrencies, and not only Bitcoin but also other digital currencies. If you haven´t already looked into the crypto world, it might be a good time to do it right away, as there are a lot of indicators pointing to that it is far from too late.
So please don´t be afraid to refuse to try something new, at least with a small portion of your total portfolio, I would suggest 5% for the conservative and around 10% for the brave investor. Below you got the top-5 rated IRA companies in both worlds, crypto, and precious metals:
==> See the top-5 list of gold & silver IRA companies on this page
==> See the top-5 list of cryptocurrency IRA companies on this page
I hope you got some good ideas to get you started if you were looking for what to write on a retirement cake. You can now focus on getting an impressive cake design to go with heartwarming words. Whatever you do, make sure that you maintain a touch of creativity, since no one would like to leave their job feeling like they’re been bored stiff for one last time by you. Make some good cake and write some good words! Also, please do not forget to leave your own suggestions in the comment section below on what to write as I would love to read that, plus it can help and inspire others as well!
I wish you well,
Eric, Investor and Team Member at Gold Retired!